Be an ALLY in the fight to end hunger:
- ACTIVELY follow us on social media. We want our caring followers to be informed! Share what you learn with family & friends
- Educate yourself and family/friends! Debunk hunger myths and challenge the misconceptions.
- Listen to the stories of people who have experienced food insecurity (without judgment!) Practice empathy and seek to understand their experience.
- If you have experienced food insecurity, share your story. We want to give you a voice in whatever way you are comfortable.
- Donate to Hunger Free Heartland to help us provide our programs in more communities across Nebraska.
- Volunteer your time at a local food bank or pantry.
- Talk with your local school about meal programs. Do all children have access to breakfast and lunch?
- Work with your community in implementing or supporting a summer meals program.
- Ask your employer or favorite restaurant if they’d be interested in partnering with Hunger Free Heartland for a one time event, or a long term relationship.
- Organize or sponsor an anti-hunger event. This could be a one-hour educational meeting, a 1-2 day community training, or long-term community development.
To get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org!